Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

Thursday, March 29, 2012

My Big Surprise

No, I'm not pregnant, so if you read the title and that was your guess, sorry to disappoint!


Yesterday was one of those days where everything grated on my nerves. The day started with Amelia waking up at 4 a.m. and unable to fall back to sleep. Luckily I was able to rearrange my day by starting work by 5:30 so I could nap when she got tired at 8:30 a.m. When I woke up, I felt better and thought the day would improve.


It did. But not for, oh, seven more hours.


Jon and I could not communicate on any kind of civil or understandable level. You know those conversations where neither of you can say anything right? Yeah, it was like that. Then, this happened:
Long story short, the state bought a sliver of land from us to widen the curved road in front of our house. They were supposed to take down a tree, but apparently the tree fell the wrong way and knocked down the limbs on the tree above. I was not in the mood for this and walked out on to the porch to glare at the workers.

Luckily, I have a silly little girl who is pretty good at brightening my mood:

I got through the rest of the day of work with no big plans for the evening. Jon had mentioned he had a potential surprise for me, but after our bickering in the morning, I asked him not to do anything special for me.

He didn't listen, and I'm glad. This was the surprise:
My own kayak! I'm so excited! Jon bought his own with his Christmas money, and although I was planning on getting own with some of our tax refund, I had started to decide against it. I rationalized that we have too many bills, too many things that need repair, all of those boring adult things. Apparently he had found it for sale online a couple months ago, and he had planned on it being my Valentine's Day gift. It took a while to be shipped for some reason, though, hence me getting it now. It couldn't have happened on a better day.


Some girls prefer diamonds, and those are nice. But I prefer kayaks :)

No comments: