Last Saturday you turned two years old. I was so excited to celebrate your birthday with you after being away for a two day conference. Your daddy had to work, but we went out to breakfast when he returned home from third shift in the morning. You had a cinnamon roll instead of cake, but were too hungry to wait for us to sing Happy Birthday before you ate it:
|Mmm, cinnamon roll!|
|Opening your maraca- you also opened a Thomas the Train interactive book and a new outfit.|
We also went to an indoor playland in the evening with our friends. You had a great time and were so excited to see Bela and play with all the new toys:
|Playing with your friend, Bela.|
This past year with you has been so very fun. Other parents warned me that toddlerhood could be very difficult due to the possibility of you running all over the place and getting into things. On the contrary, you were so cautious that I never had to worry about that. You are becoming somewhat stubborn and even more determined as you grow older, but you are always loving and give the best hugs.
Random things about you at the age of two:
- You like: Thomas the Train, Sesame Street, Bubble Guppies and pretty much any movie.
- You tell me "Hit it, Mommy!" when you want me to put a movie in for you.
- Your taste buds are much like your daddy's- you like french fries, chips, and other salty foods, as well as burgers, pasta and popcorn. You aren't a very big fan of vegetables but like lettuce and peas.
- Music seems to be something you are very interested in. We go to Musikgarten together every Monday, and you have a CD in the car that we listen to all the time. If I try to listen to regular music, you tell me "No, Mommy! Apples and bananas!", which is one of the songs you like the best.
- You are very good at building, stacking, and organizing.
- We sleep together about 50% of the time, and I love your cuddles.
- You say 'please' and 'thank you' all the time, and I am so proud of you for having good manners. You usually say 'EXCUSE YOU' when you burp, but if you fart, you say "POOP!" and giggle. We have no idea where you got that from, but we find it hysterical and find it hard not to laugh along with you.